Information is power, and the time is now for digital liberation. Access Rules mounts a strong and hopeful argument for how informational tools at present in the hands of a few could instead become empowering machines for everyone. By forcing data-hoarding companies to open access to their data, we can reinvigorate both our economy and our society. Authors Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Thomas Ramge contend that if we disrupt monopoly power and create a level playing field, digital innovations can emerge to benefit us all.
Recent UPG updates
- The Backstreets: A Novel from Xinjiang
- Mirror in the Sky: The Life and Music of Stevie Nicks
- Viral Justice: An inspiring vision of how we can build a more just world—one small change at a time
- What World Is This? A Pandemic Phenomenology by Judith Butler
- The World Atlas of Trees and Forests – A marvelously illustrated look at the world’s diverse forests and their ecosystems