“Can critical theory change the world?” In this video, Bernard E. Harcourt offers a vision of critical theory in the twenty-first century by asking not “What is to be done?” but rather “What more can I do? What work is my praxis doing?” Harcourt is the author of Critique and Praxis , in which he challenges us to move beyond decades of philosophical detours and harness critical thought to the need for action.
Recent UPG updates
- The Backstreets: A Novel from Xinjiang
- Mirror in the Sky: The Life and Music of Stevie Nicks
- Viral Justice: An inspiring vision of how we can build a more just world—one small change at a time
- What World Is This? A Pandemic Phenomenology by Judith Butler
- The World Atlas of Trees and Forests – A marvelously illustrated look at the world’s diverse forests and their ecosystems